Prof. Dr. Frank N. Crespilho received his BS in 2002 and MS in Chemistry in 2004 from the São Paulo University (Brazil). He received his Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the same institution in 2007 with Prof. Dr. Francisco C. Nart and Prof. O.N. Oliveira Jr. (co-supervisor), with one-year stay as Visiting Researcher (2005-2006) in the lab of Prof. Dr. C.M.A. Brett at University of Coimbra (Portugal). He was Post-Doctoral Researcher (2008) in the lab of Prof. Dr. V. Zucolotto (USP, Brazil) and Associate Professor of Chemistry at Federal University (UFABC), Brazil (2009-2012). He was Visiting Associate in Chemistry at California Institute of Technology, Caltech (EUA), in the Prof. Dr. J.K. Barton’s Group (2014-2015), and Visiting Professor at Max-Planck-Institute for Solid State Research, Stuttgart, Germany (2016), working at Prof. Dr. Klaus Kern Group with Dr. Kannan Balasubramanian (Senior Scientist). Since 2012, Dr. Crespilho is Professor of Physical-Chemistry at Chemistry Institute of São Carlos, São Paulo University (Brazil). Research interests of Professor Crespilho include Bioelectrochemical Devices; Nanoelectrodes; Biomolecule-Electrode Redox Reactions; Fundamental and Applied Bioelectrochemistry.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2014: IQSC POSTGRADUATION AWARD 2013 – High impact publication in Physical Chemistry – University of São Paulo.
- 2013: THE QUIMICA NOVA AWARD FOR YOUNG AUTHORS – Brazilian Chemical Society (SBQ).
- 2013: IQSC POSTGRADUATION AWARD 2012 – High impact publication in Physical Chemistry – University of São Paulo.
- 2012: AFFILIATE MEMBER OF THE BRAZILIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (2012-2016) – Brazilian Academy of Sciences.
- 2011: FELLOW PRODUCTIVITY (LEVEL 2) – CNPq, Brazil.
- 2009: THE ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA TRAVEL AWARD FOR YOUNG ELECTROCHEMISTS – Elsevier and International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE)
- 2007: METROHM AUTOLAB AWARD – Autolab Electrochemical Instruments and Scientific Committee of 16º SIBEE.
- 2004: HONORABLE MENTION, PAE–CAPES, University of São Paulo.